At Jesmond Gardens Primary School…
‘Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children. In order to fulfil this responsibility effectively, all professionals should make sure their approach is child-centred. This means that they should consider, at all times, what is in the best interests of the child.
Staff members working with children are advised to maintain an attitude of ‘it could happen here’ where safeguarding is concerned. When concerned about the welfare of a child, staff members should always act in the best interests of the child
(Keeping Children Safe in Education – 2018)
Please read our Safeguarding Policy below to see how we Safeguard children at Jesmond Gardens Primary School.
To contact School with any immediate safeguarding concerns, please contact Mr Pritchard or Mr Everett (Safeguarding Lead practitioners)
- Action Against Bullying Sept 2017
- Behaviour Discipline Policy Sept 2018
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy Sept 2020
- Cold Weather Policy
- Confidentiality Policy Feb17
- Exclusion Policy Sep19
- Good Behaviour Guide Sept 2017
- HealthandSafety Policy Sep17
- Information Governance Policy for February 2017
- Photograph Policy Sep 19
- Physical Intervention and Reasonable Force Feb 2014 LA
- Prevent Policy Sept 2016
- RSE Policy March 2017
- Trust Social Networking Policy
- Whistle Blowing Policy Sept 2016
School number: (01429) 274672
Emergency Number: 07841475522.
Out of Hours Team: (01429) 523878 or 08702402994
Alternatively, if you have any concerns around the safety and well-being of children who may be in your family, friends or neighbours, please click on the link below to find out more about how you can report your concerns.